Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Antioch ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Antioch?

The activities of professionals in Antioch are regulated by 39 different regulatory boards and bureaus, all of which are domiciled under the California Department of Consumer Affairs. These boards and bureaus collectively issue professional licenses across more than 200 professional categories, and these licenses serve as evidence that the professional is qualified to provide a specified service. As such, it is necessary to confirm the licensing status of any professional in the city that you intend to hire, to ensure that this individual is qualified for the job. You can carry out this task online through the Department of Consumer Affairs' DCA license search tool.

Note that, depending on the type of project you wish to undertake, you may be required to obtain locally issued building permits from the Building Inspection Services Division of the Antioch Community Development Department. Examples of projects that require permits in Antioch include the construction of any type of structure on private property, the upgrading of plumbing, electrical, or mechanical systems, the installation or replacement of water heaters, and re-roofing projects. Failing to obtain a permit before commencing these projects can lead to administrative fines and penalties. You can contact the city's Building Inspection Services Division at (925) 779-7065 to make inquiries concerning the permit requirements, if any, for your specific project.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Antioch Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, Antioch neighborhood and community-based organizations do not issue permits. These organizations typically focus on providing residents of the city with access to opportunities and resources that can improve their quality of life and the livability of the city in general. To achieve these, Antioch neighborhood and community-based organizations collaborate with the City Council and other local and state government and non-government stakeholders. For example, in October 2021, the Antioch City Council announced that it would be holding special workshops to get public input from residents on the upcoming redistricting of the city's four council districts. The previous year, the City Council had agreed to sell a 4.79-acre city-owned property on Delta Fair Boulevard for $1 to the county for the construction of a homeless navigation CARE center.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Antioch?

The Consumer Protection Unit of the Contra Costa District Attorney's Office is charged with investigating and prosecuting complaints from residents of Antioch concerning unfair and unlawful business activities in the city. Complaints can be filed by calling this unit at (925) 957-8604. When contacted, the Consumer Protection Unit will discuss the matter at hand to determine if it is the right agency to handle the complaint or if the matter should be referred to a better-suited regulatory agency. If the Consumer Protection Unit determines that it is the right agency to handle the complaint, it will send a consumer complaint form to the complainant to get a written, detailed description of the matter. Once completed, the consumer complaint form, along with copies of supporting documents, can be submitted in person or via mail-in to the unit at:

  • Contra Costa County District Attorney
  • Special Operations Division
  • 900 Ward Street
  • Fourth Floor
  • Martinez, CA 94553

It is important to note that the Contra Costa District Attorney's Office is prohibited from representing private citizens that wish to obtain personal remedies, and any civil or criminal enforcement actions it takes against a business are in the public's interest. Nonetheless, complainants that wish to seek personal remedies against a business may do so by hiring a private attorney and filing a lawsuit at an appropriate Contra Costa County Superior Court. Referrals to licensed attorneys in Antioch can be gotten by contacting the Contra Costa County Bar Association at (925) 825-5700.