Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Concord ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Concord?

The California Department of Consumer Affairs issues a variety of professional licenses across more than 200 occupational categories to eligible professionals in Concord through different boards and bureaus. These licenses serve as proof that the professional has met the minimum required standards for providing a specified type of service, and it is your responsibility to make sure that your intended professional possesses a valid license. You can authenticate the validity of your professional's license by utilizing the license search webpage provided by the Department of Consumer Affairs.

Additionally, you may be required to meet certain local obligations before you can commence the project for which you hired the professional. This is usually the case if your professional is expected to perform a building or construction-related task. Permit issuance in Concord is typically handled by the city's Community Development Department via its Permit Center. You can contact the Concord Permit Center at (925) 671-3107 to make permit-related queries. Queries can also be directed to this center via email or in person at:

  • Concord City Hall
  • Building D
  • 1950 Parkside Drive
  • MS/51
  • Concord, CA 94519
  • Hours: 8:00 a.m. 12:00 p.m. and 1:00 p.m. 4:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays

Do Concord Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Concord neighborhood associations do not issue permits to residents, businesses, or any other interested parties in the city. However, these associations work with relevant authorities, such as the city's Community Services Commission, Neighborhood Partnership Program, and the Concord City Council, to identify social, safety, housing, and other neighborhood needs in their various spheres of influence and provide solutions to these needs. For example, in April 2021, the city council approved $1 million in funding to provide rent relief grants to small businesses in Concord that were experiencing considerable financial difficulties as a result of the Covid-19 pandemic. In August 2021, city officials partnered with local community organizations and the County of Contra Costa to provide free on-site vaccination services at Todos Santos Plaza to interested residents of Concord during the city's ˜Music and Market' concert series.

California Contractor License Search:

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Concord?

The Contra Costa County District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit is responsible for investigating and prosecuting matters that involve unfair and unlawful business activities in Concord. Residents of the city can file complaints with this unit by calling (925) 957-8604. This office typically discusses the complaints with complainants to determine whether it is the appropriate agency to handle the matter, or whether the complaint should be referred to a different agency. In situations where the Consumer Protection Unit determines that the complaint falls within its jurisdiction, a consumer complaint form will be sent to the complainant to get a more detailed description of the situation. This form should be properly completed and submitted to the Consumer Protection Unit via mail or in person at:

  • Contra Costa County District Attorney
  • Special Operations Division
  • 900 Ward Street
  • Fourth Floor
  • Martinez, CA 94553

Complainants are advised to attach copies of supporting documents when submitting the complaint form, as this can help speed up the complaint resolution process. Note that while the District Attorney's Office may institute civil or criminal enforcement actions against an erring business, it is not allowed to represent private individuals that wish to obtain refunds or seek other forms of personal civil remedies. However, residents of Concord that wish to seek personal civil remedies may do so by retaining the services of an attorney and filing a civil action at an appropriate Contra Costa County Superior Court. Interested parties can contact the Contra Costa County Bar Association at (925) 825-5700 to get referrals to qualified attorneys around their locality.