Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Corona ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Corona?

The California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) administers more than 200 types of occupational licenses to over 3.6 million qualified individuals, and this number includes professionals that offer services to residents of Corona. However, before you retain the services of any of these professionals, it is necessary to ensure that they have a valid license that was issued by an appropriate board or bureau of the DCA. You can do this by accessing the online license search portal maintained by the DCA for this specific purpose.

Furthermore, you may be required to obtain a permit from the Building Division of Corona's Community Development Department before your retained professional can begin working on your intended project. The specific types of permits that you may need to obtain are primarily dependent on the nature and range of your project. Nevertheless, these permits are typically required for projects that involve new construction or a significant change to the structure or footprint of an already existing building. Carrying out a project in Corona without obtaining the permits that may be required for the project can result in city-imposed fines and penalties. Therefore, it is a good idea to contact the city's Building Division at 951-736-2250 to inquire about the permitting requirements for your intended project, as well as the procedure for obtaining these permits.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Corona Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

While Corona is home to several neighborhood and community-based groups and organizations, none of these groups or organizations is authorized to issue building and construction-related permits. However, they typically work with the City Council and other local agencies like the city's Community Services Department and Community Information Office to create safe, healthy, and appealing neighborhoods in Corona. In February 2021, city officials announced the expansion of the AMRO Fabricating Company into Corona. This expansion is expected to result in hundreds of new jobs for residents of the city and help bridge the gap between Corona's talented workforce and its growing manufacturing industry. Similarly, in August 2021, city officials announced that they had contracted environmental consultants to collaborate with regional stakeholders, including community-based organizations, to develop a Community Wildfire Protection Plan to mitigate wildfire hazards to Corona communities and infrastructure that are located in the city's wildland-urban interface.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Corona?

Unfair and dishonest business complaints in Corona can be filed with the Riverside County District Attorney's Office by contacting its Consumer Fraud Unit at (951) 955-5400. Complaints can also be filed by completing and submitting a special prosecution complaint form to:

  • Office of the District Attorney
  • County of Riverside
  • 3960 Orange Street
  • Riverside, CA 92501

You can also contact this office via email to make inquiries on its complaint submission process and procedures. You should note that the Riverside County District Attorney's Office is not allowed to act as an attorney for private citizens and any actions that it takes are not done on your behalf. If you wish to obtain personal relief from the subject of your complaint, then you should take private legal action after filing your consumer complaint. You can do this by filing a small claims lawsuit at the Corona Courthouse, which is located at:

  • 505 S. Buena Vista Avenue
  • Room 201
  • Corona, CA. 92882
  • Phone: (951) 777-3147

Small claims cases are usually faster, more informal, and less expensive than other types of civil proceedings. However, you cannot seek damages of more than $10,000 in these types of cases. You can get assistance on how to proceed with a small claims case in Corona by contacting the Riverside County Small Claims Advisory Program via email or by calling either (951)274-4499 or (760)393-2163. You can also get referrals to licensed attorneys near you if you wish to consult with one by contacting the Riverside County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service at (951) 682-7520. Note that you may be required to pay a referral fee for this consultation.