Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Fairfield ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Fairfield?

Professionals in Fairfield are regulated by the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) through 39 boards and bureaus that issue licenses to professionals across over 220 occupational categories. When hiring a professional in the city, it is your responsibility to ensure that this professional possesses an active license that covers the service you expect them to provide. In view of this, the DCA provides and maintains a license search tool that you can access online to authenticate the validity of any licensing claims made by your preferred professional.

After confirming that your professional possesses a valid license, you should also make sure that all applicable city permits are duly obtained before you begin any work on your project, to avoid incurring city-imposed fines and penalties. Permit issuance in Fairfield is generally handled by the city's Community Development Department, and if your project involves construction and home improvement, it is very likely that you will require one. You can contact this department at (707) 428-7461 to make inquiries on the types of permits that your project may require and the procedure for obtaining them. Building permit-related queries can also be directed to this department's Building Safety Division at (707) 428-7451 or via email.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Fairfield Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, neighborhood groups and organizations in Fairfield do not issue permits. These groups and organizations are typically formed by interested residents of Fairfield for the purpose of improving the safety and livability of the various communities in the city through cooperation with relevant authorities. For example, on October 11, 2021, the Fairfield Housing Services Department announced that it had partnered with local and state organizations to assist families in the city that had been impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic and were in need of eviction-related assistance. Similarly, in September 2021, city officials announced that they would be working with a landscape architecture firm to provide conceptual plans for the revitalization of the downtown area of the city's streetscape and pedestrian experience. Subsequently, an open meeting was scheduled for community members, businesses, and other interested parties in the area to provide comments and feedback on these plans.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Fairfield?

The Consumer and Environmental Crimes Unit of the Solano County District Attorney's Office is charged with investigating and prosecuting deceptive, fraudulent, and illegal activities carried out by businesses in Fairfield. You can make complaints to this unit by completing a Consumer Complaint Form, and submitting the completed form via email, fax to (707) 784-7986, or via mail to:

  • Consumer & Environmental Crimes Unit
  • 675 Texas Street
  • Suite 4500
  • Fairfield, CA 94533-6340

Queries can be directed to this unit in person at the above-listed address between the hours of 8:00 a.m. - 4:00 p.m. or by calling (707) 784-6859.

It is important to note that the Consumer and Environmental Crimes Unit of the Solano County District Attorney's Office is prohibited from providing private citizens with legal advice or representing them in situations where they wish to obtain personal remedies from a business. However, this unit can provide interested parties with information on their consumer rights and referrals to other agencies that can assist them with resolving their complaints. If you intend to seek compensation from the business named in your complaint, then you should consider contacting a private attorney and filing a lawsuit with the Solano County Superior Court. You can find qualified private attorneys near you by contacting the Solano County Bar Association at (707) 422-0127. Note that you may be required to pay an administrative fee before consulting with attorneys referred to you by this association. Alternatively, if the compensation that you seek is not more than $10,000, you can contact the Solano County Small Claims Court Legal Advisor at (707) 344-1446, between the hours of 9:00 a.m. 2:00 p.m., Mondays to Thursdays, to get free assistance on how to file a small claims lawsuit.