Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Moreno Valley ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Moreno Valley?

Over 200 categories of professionals provide services to residents of Moreno Valley, and you should always confirm that your preferred professional has been duly licensed by the appropriate regulatory authority. The activities of professionals in Moreno valley are regulated by the California Department of Consumer Affairs through its 39 boards and bureaus. This agency provides and maintains an online license search tool that you can use to authenticate the licensing status of Moreno Valley professionals before finalizing any employment arrangements with them.

Besides ensuring that you hire a licensed professional, it is also important to obtain any city-mandated permits that may be required for your intended project. Moreno valley typically requires permits, such as building permits and planning permits, for projects that involve new construction or the modification of existing structures, and failing to obtain the required permit can lead to city-imposed penalties. Moreno Valley permits are issued by the Building and Safety Division of the city's Community Development Department, and you can contact this division at (951) 413-3350 or via email to make inquiries about its permit-issuing processes and procedures. Queries can also be directed to the Moreno Valley Community Development Department at (951) 413-3310.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Moreno Valley Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Moreno Valley is home to several groups and organizations created by residents and other interested parties that come together with common goals. These goals typically include preserving the history of their areas, keeping their neighborhoods safe, and generally improving the community. However, while these groups and organizations utilize different methods to achieve their goals, the issuance of permits to residents of the city is not one of these methods. Nonetheless, Moreno Valley resident and community organizations generally provide an avenue for interested individuals to express their opinions on the effects that both governmental and non-governmental projects may have on their respective neighborhoods. In May 2021, it was reported that a coalition of environmental and community groups had entered into a settlement agreement with the developers of the controversial World Logistics Center Project, paving way for construction to finally break ground in the city. Part of the agreement includes increasing the city's solar power and offering grants of up to $1,000 each for Moreno Valley residents to purchase electric vehicles. Similarly, in response to concerns from residents concerning road repairs and traffic relief, city officials announced multiple projects, including the Moreno Beach Drive Bridge replacement project, which is expected to be concluded by early 2023.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Moreno Valley?

Residents of Moreno Valley that have complaints concerning any dishonest or unfair business practices that occur in the city can file reports on these matters with the Consumer Fraud Unit of the Riverside County District Attorney's Office. Complaints can be filed by contacting this office at (951) 955-5400. You may be required to complete a Special Prosecution Complaint Form, and this form can also be submitted to:

  • Office of the District Attorney
  • County of Riverside
  • 3960 Orange Street
  • Riverside, CA 92501

Queries concerning the complaint process can be directed to this office via the phone number and address provided above or via email. It is important to note that while the Riverside County District Attorney's Office is charged with investigating and prosecuting matters that involve dishonest and unfair practices, it is not permitted to act as an attorney for private parties. Likewise, this office cannot file actions or obtain personal remedies on your behalf. Therefore, you should also consider taking private legal action in an appropriate court in addition to filing a complaint with this office if you intend to seek damages from the business that allegedly wronged you. You can get referrals to private attorneys in Moreno Valley by contacting the Riverside County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral Service at (951) 682-7520 or utilizing any other available lawyer referral service. If you are seeking monetary damages that do not exceed $10,000, then you can file a small claims case without an attorney at the Moreno Valley Courthouse located at:

  • 13800 Heacock Street
  • Room D201
  • Moreno Valley, CA 92553
  • Phone: (951) 777-3147

You can contact the small claims advisory program maintained by this court at (951)274-4499, (760)393-2163, or via email to get assistance on how to file your small claims case.