Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Riverside ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Riverside?

More than 3.6 million professionals are administered licenses by the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) that qualifies them to practice their occupations in Riverside. Considering that this agency issues over 200 different types of licenses, it is important to make sure that the professional you intend to employ in Riverside has obtained a valid license from the appropriate DCA board or bureau. You can utilize the license search webpage provided and maintained by the DCA to authenticate the licensing status of your intended Riverside professional.

Furthermore, depending on the type and scope of your project, you may be required to obtain one or more city-issued permits. These typically include plumbing permits, building permits, sign permits, electrical permits, under and aboveground storage tank permits, mechanical permits, and certificates of occupancy. You should always confirm that your professional obtains all applicable city permits that may be required for your intended task or project before it commences. Riverside permits are issued by the Building and Safety Division of the city's Community and Economic Development Department, and you can contact this division at (951) 826-5800 to address any queries that you may have concerning city permits.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Riverside Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, neighborhood and community groups and associations in Riverside do not issue permits. Neighborhood groups are typically formed by residents of the city for a wide variety of reasons, most of which involve improving the quality of life in their respective areas. The city's Neighborhood Engagement Division is responsible for connecting residents and neighborhood groups to each other as well as to community activities, programs, and events that can help them achieve their respective objectives. You can access information on your neighborhood through the neighborhood look-up webpage provided by this division. You can also contact the Neighborhood Engagement Division at (951) 826-5168 to get information on the active groups and associations in your neighborhood and to inquire about available or upcoming community programs and events. In July 2021, the City Mayor commenced a community-wide outreach effort with the help of the Neighborhood Engagement Division to meet residents of Riverside in their different neighborhoods and get first-hand reports on issues that matter to them. Likewise, in June 2021, city officials announced that they had entered a partnership with several non-profit and governmental partners to launch a $9.1 million smart growth project in the city's Eastside Neighborhood.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Riverside?

The Riverside County District Attorney investigates and prosecutes dishonest or unfair business practices that occur in Riverside through its Consumer Fraud Unit. You can file unfair business complaints with this office by completing and submitting a Special Prosecution Complaint Form to:

  • Office of the District Attorney
  • County of Riverside
  • 3960 Orange Street
  • Riverside, CA 92501

You can direct queries to this office via email or by calling (951) 955-5400. Note that the Riverside County District Attorney's Office is prohibited from acting as an attorney on behalf of private parties, neither is it mandatorily required to file an action based on your complaint or obtain restitution on your behalf. If you wish to seek redress for the actions of the business or professional against whom you filed the complaint, then you should take private action in an appropriate court of law with the help of an attorney. If the matter in question involves $10,000 or less, you can file a civil action without an attorney in a Riverside County Small Claims Court. You can get assistance on how to proceed with a small claims court action by contacting the court's small claims advisory program via phone numbers (951)274-4499 and (760)393-2163 or via email.

Professions in Riverside