Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Roseville ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Roseville?

Professionals that wish to practice in Roseville are required to possess a valid occupational license issued by one of the California Department of Consumer Affairs' 39 boards and bureaus. This agency regulates the activities of about 200 different types of professionals, ranging from doctors, architects, engineers, and accountants, to carpenters, plumbers, electricians, and other construction and home improvement-related professionals. You should always make sure that your preferred professional has been duly licensed by the appropriate Department of Consumer Affairs' board or bureau before you finalize any hiring arrangements with this individual. You can do this by making use of the department's license search tool that is accessible to all interested parties online.

After verifying the licensing status of your preferred professional, it may be necessary to take a further step by ensuring that this professional also obtains all relevant permits that may be needed for your intended project. While the requirements for obtaining permits typically depend on the specific nature of the project at hand, you will generally need to obtain one before carrying out the construction, alteration, repair, conversion, or improvement of buildings and structures in Roseville. Permit issuance in Roseville is handled by the city's Development Services Department, and you can contact this department at (916) 774-5285 to make inquiries on whether or not your project requires a permit and how to get one. Permit-related queries can also be made directly to the Development Service Department's Permit Center at (916) 774-5332 or via email.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Roseville Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, Roseville neighborhood associations do not issue permits. Instead, these neighborhood associations work to resolve social, economic, and physical problems within their respective neighborhoods, raise community participation in relevant neighborhood activities, and improve and maintain the quality of life within Roseville. Roseville currently has over 40 neighborhoods associations and you can find out the neighborhood associations within your vicinity by utilizing the online map provided by the Roseville Coalition of Neighborhood Associations. In September 2021, the Stoneridge Neighborhood Association celebrated the grand re-opening of the Harry Crabb Park by hosting a community event that involved various festivities designed for residents of Roseville across several age groups. In July 2021, city officials announced that the city would be accepting proposals for the purchase and development of city-owned property located at 401 Oak Street. According to the statement, these proposals would be evaluated by their potential to provide beneficial commercial or housing options to residents of the area.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Roseville?

The Consumer Fraud and Environmental Crimes Unit of the Placer County District Attorney's Office is charged with investigating and prosecuting matters that involve unfair, fraudulent, or dishonest business practices in Roseville. Interested parties can file complaints with this office by contacting the Placer County District Attorney's Office located at:

  • 10810 Justice Center Drive
  • Suite 240
  • Roseville, CA 95678
  • Phone: (916) 543-8000
  • Hours: 8:00 a.m. 5:00 p.m., Mondays to Fridays

Alternatively, unfair business complaints can also be filed by completing and submitting a General Online Complaint Form to the California Department of Consumer Affairs. Note that there is no guarantee that you will get restitution, compensation, or any other form of personal relief when you file a complaint with either of the aforementioned agencies. If your intention is to seek personal relief from the erring business, then it is advisable to consult with a private attorney on possible legal actions that you can take to achieve this. An example of these legal actions is filing a small claims lawsuit at the Placer County Superior Court located at:

  • 10820 Justice Center Drive
  • Roseville CA 95678
  • Phone: (916) 408-6000

You can get referrals to qualified attorneys near you by utilizing the State Bar of California's online Certified Lawyer Referral Services Directory.