Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Victorville ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Victorville?

The California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) issues licenses to professionals who intend to offer their services to clients in Victorville. Before you hire the services of professionals in Victorville to work on your project, you should confirm that they possess the required license issued by this agency. You can verify a Victorville professional's license via the DCA license search portal.

After ensuring that your professional possesses the proper license, you should also make sure to obtain all of the relevant permits before starting your project. The Victorville Development Department handles the city's permitting process, and this department issues permits for work such as additions or alterations to previous plumbing, mechanical or electrical work, and building demolitions. Work done without obtaining a valid permit will attract a stop-work notice and the enforcement of fines and penalties. You can contact the Victorville Development Department at (760) 955-5100 to inquire about the city's permit requirements.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Victorville Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

No, the neighborhood associations of Victorville do not issue permits concerning construction work in the city. These associations create platforms that provide representation for the residents and seek to improve the welfare of the neighborhoods through self-organization, cooperation with state and city agencies, and the City Council.

In May 2021, it was reported that Victorville was awarding more than $3.2 million of federal grants from the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development to local service organizations and programs. The grant award was to local organizations and programs working on enhancing the living conditions, increasing affordable housing, and expanding economic possibilities for the city's residents. Similarly, in June 2021, it was reported that the Victorville would start the reconstruction of roads connecting Bear Valley Road and Hesperia Road. This road improvement project, which was awarded at $4.6 million, is expected to be completed within four months.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Victorville?

The Consumer Protection Unit of the San Bernardino County District Attorney's office accepts and investigates complaints in matters concerning unfair and unlawful business practices. You can file your complaints or make inquiries on the complaint process by contacting the Consumer Protection Unit via phone number (909) 382-3800, or you can visit the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office at:

  • 14455 Civic Drive
  • Suite 300
  • Victorville, CA 92392

Complaints made to the Consumer Protection Unit are typically forwarded to agencies more specialized to investigate and tackle them. Note that the San Bernardino County District Attorney's Office is first and foremost a prosecutorial agency, and while it may take legal action against a complainant, it cannot provide legal advice to you nor prosecute on your behalf. To improve your chances of recouping your funds or other forms of compensation you may seek, you can file a small claims lawsuit with the San Bernardino County Superior Court's Small Claims Division. This division has jurisdiction over civil disputes where the contested amount is $10,000 or less. It is advised you obtain proper legal advice before filing a case with the Small Claims Division. The San Bernardino County Bar Association offers a Lawyer Referral and Information Service that you can contact at (909) 888-6791 to find qualified lawyers near you.