Get Quotes from Top Contractors in Anaheim ,CA

How to Verify a Professional's License in Anaheim?

It is your responsibility to verify the licensing status of any professional that you intend to hire in Anaheim. More than 200 types of professionals provide services to residents of the city, and these professionals are licensed by the California Department of Consumer Affairs (DCA) through 39 different boards and bureaus. Verifying the licenses of professionals before hiring them helps you determine if they are qualified to provide the expected service, and you can make use of the DCA's online license search portal to carry out this verification.

In addition to licensing, some categories of professionals in Anaheim can only provide their services after a permit has been obtained from an appropriate city agency. For example, permits issued by the city's Planning and Building Department are usually required if you intend to hire professionals that provide services related to the building, construction, alteration, repair, conversion, and demolition of structures. You can contact the Building Division of this department via phone number (714) 765-5153 to make inquires on the specific types of permits that may be required by your professional. It is also a good idea to reach out to your local neighborhood organizations for additional information that may be applicable to your area of residence.

California Contractor License Search:

Do Anaheim Neighborhood Councils
Issue Permits?

Anaheim is made up of several districts, neighborhoods, and communities, and residents in these areas typically come together to form both formal and informal groups for the purpose of improving their immediate vicinities and the city as a whole. The city's Neighborhood Services program acts as a point of contact for these groups and any interested residents of the city that wish to offer ideas, have concerns and questions, or need assistance on neighborhood-related matters. While this program does not issue permits, it provides residents with information on how to obtain these permits, and also provides interested parties with access to neighborhood resources and activities. These include district community meetings, neighborhood clean-ups, and city-wide events. You can contact the Anaheim Neighborhood Services Program at (714) 765-4456 if you have any neighborhood-related inquiries. In March 2021, the Madison Park Neighborhood Association initiated plans to get members of the community and other neighborhood groups and organizations involved in finding viable solutions to air pollution in the area. Likewise, it was announced in July 2021 that a collaborative public safety task force launched by community group leaders, police chiefs, and city managers in Anaheim and several other Orange County cities would be receiving over $12 million in state and federal funding.

How to File an Unfair Business
Complaint in Anaheim?

Complaints concerning the misrepresentation of services and other types of deceptive business practices in Anaheim are reviewed, investigated, and prosecuted where necessary by the Office of the Orange County District Attorney's Consumer Protection Unit. If you have either been a victim or have knowledge of any deceptive practices by a business or professional in Anaheim, you can file a complaint with this office by submitting a Consumer Complaint Form via email or mail-in to:

  • 300 N. Flower Street
  • P.O. Box 808
  • Santa Ana, CA 92703

Complaints received by this office are typically reviewed within two to eight weeks, after which you will be sent a written response. Note that this office is not permitted to give you legal advice, legal opinions, or act as an attorney on your behalf. Therefore, if your complaint involves a loss of money and you wish to obtain a refund, it is advisable to also contact a private attorney and pursue legal action. You can get referrals to attorneys in Anaheim via the Orange County Bar Association's Lawyer Referral and Information Service either online or by calling (949) 440-6747 or (877) 257-4762. If your claim is $10,000 or less, then you can file a lawsuit at the Orange County Small Claims Court.

Professions in Anaheim